Omnipotence (from Latin: Omni Potens: "all power") is unlimited power. Monotheistic religions generally attribute omnipotence to only the deity of whichever faith is being addressed. In the monotheistic philosophies of Abrahamic religions, omnipotence is often listed as one of a deity's characteristics among many, including omniscience, omnipresence, and omnibenevolence.
Between people of different faiths, or indeed between people of the same faith, the term omnipotent has been used to connote a number of different positions. These positions include, but are not limited to, the following: A deity is able to do absolutely anything, even the logically impossible, i.e., pure agency. A deity is able to do anything that it chooses to do. A deity is able to do anything that is in accord with its own nature (thus, for instance, if it is a logical consequence of a deity's nature that what it speaks is truth, then it is not able to lie). Hold that it is part of a deity's nature to be consistent and that it would be inconsistent for said deity to go against its own laws unless there was a reason to do so. A deity is able to do anything that corresponds with its omniscience and therefore with its worldplan.
Under many philosophical definitions of the term "deity", senses 2, 3 and 4 can be shown to be equivalent. However, on all understandings of omnipotence, it is generally held that a deity is able to intervene in the world by superseding the laws of physics, since they are not part of its nature, but the principles on which it has created the physical world. However many modern scholars (such as John Polkinghorne) hold that it is part of a deity's nature to be consistent and that it would be inconsistent for a deity to go against its own laws unless there were an overwhelming reason to do so.
The word "Omnipotence" derives from the Latin term "Omni Potens", meaning "All-Powerful" instead of "Infinite Power" implied by its English counterpart. The term could be applied to both deities and Roman Emperors. Being the one with "All the power", it was not uncommon for nobles to attempt to prove their Emperor's "Omni Potens" to the people, by demonstrating his effectiveness at leading the Empire. This presents the most controversy when applied to Abrahamic Religions, since there was no word for "Infinite Power" in Ancient Semitic Languages like Hebrew or Aramaic.
This exclusive copyright declaration is issued to herein AUTHOR with corresponding unconditional license for its use as said AUTHOR may so decide or as he may so deem necessary employ penal provisions provided under related documents but otherwise directly pertaining to herein copyrighted power. As use of copyritht license unconditional, the AUTHOR is likewise granted full discretion to modify or ammend above mentioned penal provisions.
SOURCE/S OF AUTHORITYEdit
Gen. 1:1 "Let there be light!" Gen. 1:6 "Let there be a dome in the middle of the waters to deparate one body of the water from the other." Gen. 1:9 "Let the water under the sky be gathered into a single basin so that the dry land may appeal." Gen. 1:14 "Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate day from night. Let them mark the fixed times, the days and the years." Gen 1:20 "Let the water teem with abundance of living creatures, and on the earth let birds fly beneath the dome of the sky." Gen. 1:24 "Let the earth bring forth all kinds of living creatures: cattle, creeping things, and wild animals of all kinds." Gen. 1.26 "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness."
- "LET" -- the singular element used by GOD as initiating word of each of the 6-command-sentnces of creation.
- "LETTERS" -- is an applied element where singular element "LET" is modified by combining it with element of different property where such purposive modification intended the power be more particular and distinctive.
- "WORD" -- are such mixed elements formed through the combination of selected "LETTERS" which properties varies depending on how of selected "LETTERS" are combined and constructed by THE AUTHOR.
PARAMETERS AND SCOPEEdit
- Absolute jurisdiction on all existing consciousness with particular focus on consciousness possessing intelligence and/or self-awareness
- Limitations may only take effect upon express declarion of intent for such exception by herein copyright holder or The Author
GENERAL PROVISION AND SPECIAL CONTINGENCYEdit
- Other properties otherwise not provided in this module but are agreed upon by THE AUTHOR and the THE CREATOR of the POWER OF OMNIPOTENCE may nonetheless assume the same or greater effect and application as either of THE AUTHOR or THE CREATOR may so deem necessary or as circumstance may require.
- Application policy and adoption on relative situations which specifications not herein specifically provided may be governed by existing POWER OF VALUES and ORDER OF BALANCE.
DECLARATION OF EFFECTIVITYEdit
So be it, Amen!
The Ponente Justice 23:08, April 5, 2012 (UTC)